Learn to Recognize and Respond to Respiratory Hazards
In this Respiratory Protection Online Course, you will learn:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Respiratory safety hazards
- Why a medical evaluation may be necessary
- How to evaluate a respirator seal for fit
- Proper maintenance procedures
- How to store your mask
The OSHA Respiratory Protection Training takes approximately 75 minutes to complete.
Participants who successfully pass the OHSA based Respirator Protection Training will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Respiratory Protection Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
When do employees need respiratory protection?
- When employees must work in environments with insufficient oxygen or where harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, mists, fumes, gases, vapors, or sprays are present, they need respirators.
- Whenever engineering and work practice control measures are not adequate to prevent atmospheric contamination at the worksite.
Tips for wearing a respirator:
- Never wear facial hair. It will limit the respirator to face seal.
- After each use, always replace disposable respirators.
- Follow manufacturer’s respirators recommendations and directions.
- Remove protective covers from filters prior to inserting the filters.
- Every user should have a proper respirator mask fit test.
- Change filters regularly.
- Wear a full-mask respirator when working working with dangerous airborne particles or debris.
- Ensure to work in well ventilated areas as much as possible to reduce airborne hazards.