Learn Safe Chainsaw Use and Maintenance in this OSHA-Compliant Course
In the Chainsaw Safety (OSHA) Online Course, you will learn:
- Safety requirements when handling a chainsaw
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Anatomy of a chainsaw
- Mechanics of the chainsaw
- Inspection of the chainsaw
- Proper method of felling trees
- Cutting techniques
- Hazards associated with chainsaws
The Chainsaw Safety (OSHA) Online Course takes approximately 60 mins to complete.
Participants in the Chainsaw Safety (OSHA) Online Course will be assessed by a test after viewing the course material. Participants must achieve a mark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those that do not reach the required mark will be allowed to repeat the course two additional times. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Chainsaw Safety (OSHA) Online Course will earn a chainsaw safety training certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
Which Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is Required When Operating a Chainsaw?
Employers must provide and ensure workers properly use PPE, including:
- Head protection, such as a hard hat
- Hearing protection sufficient to reduce noise exposure to 90 decibels or less
- Eye/Face Protection such as safety glasses
- Appropriate protective footwear per OSHA standards
- Leg protection such as work pants or chaps
- Work gloves
- Fall protection as necessary