This Online Propane Cylinder Handling Course, teaches the following:
- The Chemistry of Propane
- Components of Vapour & Liquid Propane Withdrawal Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Cylinder Inspection, Handling and Exchange
- Safe Transport & Storage of Propane
- Emergency & First-Aid Response
Our Propane Cylinder Handling & Exchange Online Course offers the latest and information on all these topics.
The Propane Cylinder Handling & Exchange Course takes approximately 1hr 30 mins to complete.
Participants in the Propane Cylinder Handling & Exchange Course will be assessed by testing throughout the course. On pursuing online propane handling safety course the participants must achieve a mark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those that do not reach the required mark will be allowed to repeat the course two additional times.
Propane Certification of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Propane Cylinder Handling & Exchange Training Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download and keep for their records. The certificate is consistent with OSHA 1910.110 Storage and Handling of Liquified Petroleum Gases Code in the United States.
Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
How Do You Safely Handle a Propane Cylinder?
- Propane cylinders are portable containers that are generally used in the home. Propane tanks are typically more permanent and have more storage
- Cylinders must be inspected every 10 years. Markings on the collar of the cylinders can tell you the date of manufacture and inspections since then.
Do not throw your tank in the trash. Contact your local recycling coordinator to learn if acceptable at your local transfer station or Household Hazardous Waste Collection. There are also local tank companies who will accept tanks and recycle them at no cost.