Ensure Your Knowledge of Proper Cargo Securement on Flatbed Trucks
In this Cargo Securement Flatbed Training Online Course, you will learn:
- Importance of cargo securement
- Responsibilities and federal regulations for drivers and carriers
- Cargo securement and OSHA Guidelines
- Load limits
- Direct and indirect tie-downs
- Proper cargo loading and securement techniques
- Pre-trip and en route inspections
- Best practices for securing common commodities
The Cargo Securement Flatbeds Course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Participants in the Cargo Securement Flatbed Training Online Course will be assessed by a test after viewing the course material. Participants must achieve a nark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those that do not reach the required mark will be allowed to repeat the course two additional times.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Cargo Securement Flatbeds Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
What are the most common Flatbed Cargo Securement mistakes?
- Failure to prevent shifting/loss of load
- Failure to secure truck equipment (tarps, doors, tailgates, spare tires, etc.)
- Insufficient tie downs
- Damaged tie downs (unacceptable wear on chain, cuts and tears on web straps)
- Loose tie-downs
Rules to Follow:
- Apply the securement requirements in the North American Cargo Securement Standard.
- Safely load and secure specific types of commodities.
- Inspect a secured load for compliance with the North American Cargo Securement Standard.